Saturday, May 31, 2014

Julian Wasser And Robert Weingarten At Craig Krull Gallery


          Julian Wasser and Robert Weingarten are on view at the Craig Krull Gallery until July 5th. I just love Wasser's photo of Duchamp paying chess with a nude. I feel like it's something you can only really appreciate if you spent a few decades in love with art history. I remember taking classes at Pasadena City College and it seemed like when ever I would ask a art major who their favorite artist was they would say Duchamp. Hey man, if you think this work objectifies or devaules women; look how hard Duchamp is focusing on the chess board. I just love this piece. 





Robert Weingarten's work has a haunting quality to it.  It has a lot of substance and it's dreamlike at the same time.   He's already in his 70's and has shown internationally, from Australia, Europe and LA's own MOCA.  


No comments:

Post a Comment