Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Perform Chinatown 2013 - Natalie Loveless & Novelty Acts


        
  Natalie Loveless -  I really enjoyed her performance, it was really heartfelt, what struck me the most about it was how skillful she was at communicating the frustrations and anxiety of being a homemaker. There was a feeling of genuine authenticity and her talent showed in how well she conveyed her emotional state mind with so much transparency, I haven't seen a lot in other performance art pieces. it reminded me of Martha Roslers' Simiontics of a Kitchen. I love when artists make themselves vulnerable by opening themselves emotionally, it conveys a sense of integrity. Just watching Natalie Loveless' piece it's very visible how talented and clever a performance artist she is. 
      
                                                                                                                                              
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
 Novelty Acts performed by Allison Wyper, Esther Baker Tarpaga, Rebeca Hernandez and Hind Benali, along with Ryan Hawk -    
 I was really impressed by this piece, it was very sensual and I was pretty much captivated the whole time. Yes the  performers were sexy but at the same time their movement was very elegant and the lighting reminded me of Caravaggio's paintings. It also conveyed a sense of complexity and interpersonal conflict. One of my favorite parts was when Esther Baker Tarpaga walked around and touched everyone. I'm going to say this one was my favorite out of all of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment