Friday, January 31, 2014

Elias Hansen At Anat Ebgi

Elias Hansen solo show "I'm a long way from home and I don't really know these roads," is on view at Anat Ebgi until February 22. When I walked into Anat Ebgi gallery I was incredibly intrigued by the sculptures that I saw, they are so original.
        I look to the art dealer and asked "Is that a crack pipe?" He replied with a smile "They're influenced by meth labs."
        I smiled while saying "Oh that is so cool!" "He's originally from Washington and is fascinated by that culture." Unfortunately I've had my fair share of encounters with meth heads growing up; never a pleasant experience.  I have a lot of respect for the audacity of an artist to examine such a culture and present it in front of billionaire collectors.  The result is amazing though.



No comments:

Post a Comment