Friday, January 31, 2014

Illusions of Perfect Utopia: Contemporary Landscape At Walter Maciel Gallery


      Illusions of Perfect Utopia: Contemporary Landscape Is a group show with Kelly Berg, Rebecca Bollinger, Ismael de Anda III, Colin Doherty, Amir H. Fallah, Cynthia Ona Innis, John Jurayj, Dean Monogenis, Pepa Prieto Ramon Ramirez and Lisa Soloman on view until February 15th at the Walter Maciel Gallery.
     I was immediately taken by Ismael de Anda III work. It's very complex and vibrant. It's the kind of work I want to make, but now I can't because he's already making it. He's from Texas and lives in Los Angeles. His projects can include drawing, sculpture, video and installation. I think it's fascinating that some of the subjects he addresses are the re-interpretation of memory. When I look at his work I think he must be really intelligent.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment