Monday, August 31, 2015

What Do I Really Think Of Bansky


  People ask me what I think of Bansky like I have some expert opinion. He recently opened that theme park in England- Dismaland. My immediate opinion of Bansky is- I really wish the public had about 10 living artists in their ongoing contemporary art conversation, the way they talk about Bansky's work. When I first realized that's what I really wanted I thought it was a bit far fetched scenario to have 10 artists that the public was aware of. But would it really be that hard? Thinking about it more - that's not too much to ask. I think it's very sad the quality of art out there and he gets all the attention, like cultural tunnel vision. Technically, I know that's not 'My opinion of his work,' but that is how I feel about him.  Below are the artists I wish were on the radar of the general public. 

Dabs Myla
The Yes Men
Joram Roukes
Murakami
William Pope L.
Nam June Paik (deceased but awesome enough to make it on this list)
Frank Stella  

That's 7, technically 9 since Dabs Myla are two people and so are the Yes Men.
I really don't want to just pull artists from earlier posts, give me a few days to really get a longer list out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment