Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Favorite Fabricators Part 2

   Opps! I forgot to put this post directly after 'My Favorite Fabricators Part 1.' This ain't Huff Po. Here are the other artists I wanted to mention-

Kim Squaglia


 Kim is signed to George Billis Gallery in Culver City's arts district. Her work is influenced by biological forms.





Soo Kim


Soo Kim, signed to Angles Gallery in Culver City. She teaches at Otis and her work is in the J. Paul Getty collection.






Larry Bell

Larry Bell! He has a special place in my heart because he was part of Los Angeles' art scene just as it was gaining momentum with The Ferus Gallery and Irving Blum. If you have a chance to watch the documentary The Cool School it's pretty entertaining. You can rent it on Netflix. It's tells the story of the origins of Los Angeles being a legitimate international art scene.  He's represented by the Frank Lloyd Gallery at Bergamot Station. That gallery represents most of the artists talked about in The Cool School. I really love his work. 




No comments:

Post a Comment